Valentine’s day can turn into a high pressure situation. Gifts, flowers,chocolate, a romantic home cooked dinner and finally some desert to top it all off. And this is where this truffles recipe comes in.
You won’t believe how easy these are to make! All you need is chocolate and cream to make the truffle base then roll them up in crushed nuts , shredded coconut or sprinkles. They are sweet, creamy and delicious, melting in your mouth with every bite. Just make them a day before and keep in the fridge till ready to serve.
You could also wrap them up and gift them to your loved ones on any special day! They would work for those meet-ups with your friends on random days as well. Whichever the occasion, be sure to share some love this Valentine’s season.
- 1Â½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1Â cup double cream
- 1 tsp. butter (optional)
- Â¼ tsp. coffee granules (optional)
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed orange juice /vanilla essence
In a large bowl place your chocolate chips and set a side. Place butter and cream in a small sauce pan. Over low heat let it come to just a boil and pour over the chocolate chips.
Allow to sit for a minute then stir gently until combined and smooth. The cream should have melted the chocolate. If there are still lumps,microwave for a few seconds until smooth.Flavor up with some liquor, peppermint, coffee or vanilla essence.
Place the bowl in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours. You could also do this a night before and let it sit.
Once the mixture is firm enough, make small scoops about 1 tbsp each then roll them around in crushed peanuts, shredded coconut and sprinkles. As you keep rolling, the chocolate may start to melt in your hands so you may have to wash and dry your hands a few times.
place them in small paper muffins liners and refrigerate till ready to serve.
- Avoid cream that’s too hot, bring cream to simmer then let it sit for a few minutes before slowly pouring it over the chocolate chips. This is to avoid the chocolate to feel greasy and congealed.
- Put a dinner plate or tray that you will use to place the rolled truffles on in the fridge. This is to help make the rolling of the truffles less messy. The truffles stay colder making them easy to work with.